Let’s be honest, we all know that if a recipe begins with the word ‘caramelised’, it’s going to be a good’un. This coco-creation from the lovely Olivia (@thecashew_tree) is no exception, and provides a deliciously simple solution to crank up your morning toast. Plus, with just three steps, your sleepy morning routine has never looked tastier or easier. Let’s go bananas!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or coconut sugar!)Add to cart
- 1 banana
- 2-3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- (Optional) pine nuts, to serve
Let’s get started!
1. To get started, melt your coconut oil on a medium heat in a frying pan. Add in your sugar of choice, stirring constantly until it has melted and formed a lovely golden caramel.
2. Next, slice up the banana, and add to the pan. Let them fry without checking the bottom for 30 seconds or so, and baste withe caramel in the meantime. Flip the bananas and cook for another minute until both sides are light brown in colour and dripping with caramel.
3. Spread your toast evenly with the ricotta and spoon the banana on top (don’t forget to drizzle any leftover caramel over, too!). For that extra bite, sprinkle some pine nuts over the top, and add a little cinnamon. Enjoy!
Don’t let your new found love for breakfast end here! Why not try out some of our most loved pancake recipes?