So we all already know about all the amazing health and beauty benefits of coconut oil– but did you know that these incredible benefits also apply to our lovely little pets? The antibacterial and moisturising properties of coconut oil help make a lush DIY pet shampoo for your dogs that is easy to make at home, free from artificial ingredients and cheaper than store-bought products too!
– 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with “The Mother” (for a natural flea repellent and to remove dirt)
– 5 tablespoons mild baby shampoo
– Heaped tablespoon of extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil (for a soft and shiny coat)
– Warm water (Optional: you can infuse it with a rosemary stem when heating the water over the stove. Rosemary has moisturising properties great for relieving dandruff)
– A few drops of lavender essential oil (for a sweet smelling pup!)
– Glass jar or empty shampoo bottle
The process of making this gentle moisturising shampoo is simple: just warm the water before pouring it into the glass jar or empty shampoo bottle. Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well. It’s ready! Your pets will thank you with their new soft coats and lovely smell!